About Linton Festival®
Since 2001 Linton Festival® has gone from strength to strength with quality bands, memorable performances, plus improvements to venue and facilities. The 2011 festival was completely sold out 6 weeks before the event and despite the challenges of the English weather was rated a great success by many of our loyal supporters. As a result the Festival Committee has taken additional steps to secure the long-term success of the event.
The festival has been incorporated as a Community Interest Company (CIC). Community Interest Companies (CICS) are limited companies, with special additional features, created for the use of people who want to conduct a business or other activity for community benefit, and not purely for private advantage. Linton Festival CIC is now responsible for managing and presenting the Linton Festival® at The Alma Inn, Linton. “ Linton Festival®” is now the trade mark of Linton Festival CIC registered with the Intellectual Property Office – the official government body responsible for Intellectual Property (IP) rights in the United Kingdom.
We are already hard at work planning to make the 2013 Linton Festival® the best ever. We look forward to welcoming you in June. Don’t forget to buy your tickets before they sell out. Go to our Home page for the latest updates.
Linton Festival® Mission
- To provide a high quality range and balance of Music, Real ale, Cider and local food in a relaxed rural location.
- To make a financial surplus to ensure longevity of the Festival and where there is a sufficient, to make charitable donations to the local communities.
- The Festival to be managed and run by local volunteers for the community.
- The Linton Festival® has been successfully presented at The Alma Inn, Linton for 12 years to date.
- The Festival attracts international bands and has firmly established its place on the festival circuit.
- Attended by happy Festival Goers from all over UK many of whom return year-on-year.
- Linton Festival CIC fully complies with all licensing, Health and Safety and Police requirements throughout.
- The venue capacity is 1,000 attendees per day over the 3 day festival period.
- Over £70,000 has been donated to local charities since the Festival started.